Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Review: Midnight Train to Prague

Midnight Train to Prague Midnight Train to Prague by Carol Windley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 out of 5 stars - It was ok

Thank you to NetGalley and Grove Atlantic, Atlantic Monthly Press for this Advanced Reader Copy.

This book follows the life of Natalia Faber from shortly after WWI to post WWII. We're introduced to many other characters along the way as they weave in and out of her life story, including: her mother, Dr. Magdalena Schaefferová, Miklós Count Andorján, and Anna Schaefferová.

While I found the story somewhat interesting, I have to be honest and state that I got bored and wondered where the heck it was going. The only reason I continued reading to the end was because I needed to know if the story line actually wrapped up all the characters we'd met. Many of the "coincidences" of meeting people and then running into them later seemed highly unlikely.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment