Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Review: The Women's March: A Novel of the 1913 Woman Suffrage Procession

The Women's March: A Novel of the 1913 Woman Suffrage Procession The Women's March: A Novel of the 1913 Woman Suffrage Procession by Jennifer Chiaverini
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars - If you ask me, I'll tell you to read it.

Thank you to Jennifer Chiaverini and HarperLuxe Publishers for the Advanced Reader Copy.

I did enjoy this book and reading more about names I've heard before (Alice Paul, Jane Addams, Ida B Wells) and new-to-me names in the history of Women Suffrage (Maud Malone). I did, however, struggle getting into the story. It didn't flow as well as the previous historical novels. I think that might have to do with following more than one main character.

This was a new piece of history for me. I'd never heard of the Women's March or what they went through to make it possible. From prep to actually pulling it off, there was a lot that went into the march. It was interesting to learn about the push back from government, police, men, and even other women who didn't want the march (or suffrage) to happen.

I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a little more mention of the rally held at Constitution Hall, since Alice Paul didn't attend. I love hearing mention of the building I own a small piece of!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment