Saturday, May 13, 2023

Review: Fifth Avenue Glamour Girl

Fifth Avenue Glamour Girl Fifth Avenue Glamour Girl by Renée Rosen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars - If you ask me, I'll tell you to read it

This is the story of Estée Lauder and how she got started in the beauty and skin care industry. It is told from the perspective of a friend of hers, Gloria Downing. They both have secrets to keep, and yet they stay friends throughout it all. Gloria is running from a white collar crime scandal her father committed, while Estée is hiding her true family background. Estée claims to be from European aristocracy, yet we come to find out that she is actually the daughter of Hungarian Jewish immigrants to New York.

The drive shown by Estée throughout the book, as well as the support of her friend and husband, shows that you truly can become something from nothing with enough effort and help.

I really enjoyed this book. I've read others by this author and will continue to follow her.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment