Friday, June 16, 2023

Review: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars - If you ask me, I'll tell you to read it.

This is an entire book written in the form of letters and telegrams and notes. The upside to this is that you can get the perspective of several characters. The downside of this is the remembering the dates of all the items and determining the timing of items.

I really liked the main character, Juliet, and her relationships with the various other characters. The various love stories (or lack thereof) that created the tension in the book. I was happy to see how the story played out and to see a strong heroine at the end. Who needs the man to ask for marriage??



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment